Fire Safety Tips for Office WorkersPosted on March 29th, 2012 No comments
Fires are a serious threat for office workers. Every single year, there are more than 100,000 fires in non-residential structures. Many of these are offices.
It takes less than 10 minutes for that small fire to turn into a blaze. To help protect yourself, here are some fire safety tips that will keep you safe.
- Keep Papers Away from Electronics – Keep mounds of papers away from electronics. A spark could easily start a fire.
- Make Sure Exits are Always Open – Always check to make sure exits are not blocked by desks or other office equipment.
- Know Your Fire Escape Plan – Every employee should know how to quickly exist the building in case of an emergency.
- Know Your Office – Remember how far your desk is from the nearest exit. This will help if there isn’t any lighting during the fire.
- Don’t Panic – In case of a fire, stay calm and remember to check doors for heat before opening them.
- Keep Low – If there is a fire, stay low to the ground so you can breathe fresh air.
- Don’t Use Elevators – Avoid the elevators if there is a fire. It’s always better to take the stairs.
- Never Reenter Building – Don’t try to be a hero. Leave it to the firefighters.
Following these tips will help protect you during an office fire. Always make sure your office’s fire alarm system is in good working order.
At Hue & Cry Security Systems, we can help you with all of your fire alarm needs. If you’re a business in Northern California or Oregon, call us today at 800-762-3196.Business Security, Fire Alarms, Firefighters, Personal Security fire safety tips for office workers, office fire prevention, office fire safety
Leave a reply