Do you know how to properly conduct an accident/injury investigation that protects both parties?
If you want to reduce your liability exposure, you should follow these important tips.
- Protect the Accident/Injury Scene – Just like a crime scene, you want to close off the area from outsiders.
- Document the Area – You’ll want to take pictures or videos of the area as soon as possible. Make sure the video or picture is date and time stamped.
- Get Witness Testimonies – Have a video camera or an audio recorder to get witness testimonies. If you don’t have any of these devices, get a signed written statement. Be sure to get the person’s name and contact information if you don’t already know it.
- Get a Statement from Injured Party – If the injury isn’t too severe, get a statement from them about what happened.
- Check Security Cameras – If you have security camera surveillance systems at your business, be sure to check them to see if the incident was recorded. It can help out a lot.
Following these tips will help to protect your business from exaggerated injury claims and bogus lawsuits.
At Hue & Cry Security Systems, we’ve been protecting businesses for more than 25 years by providing the best business security systems in Northern California and Oregon. To find out more on how we can help you, contact us today at 1-800-762-3196.
Tags: business accident investigation, business injury investigation, security camera surveillance systems