According to a Microsoft Security Intelligence Report, nearly 57 percent of all computers are threatened by viruses.
A computer virus can be just as damaging as a burglary. It can shut down your computers, causing your business significant downtime, which costs you money. If you want to protect against computer viruses at your business, follow these safety tips.
- Use quality antivirus software – It’s important to make sure all of your company computers use business-grade antivirus software. Antivirus software for home use will not cut it. Be sure to regularly download the antivirus updates to better protect your machines.
- Have a firewall – A firewall can help protect your business’ computers from viruses, hackers and a whole host of other threats. WindowsNetworking.com has an excellent article on selecting the right firewall for your business. You can read it here.
- Block non-business related websites – Blocking social media websites and other non-business related websites sets the tone for your employees. It shows that the computers are meant for work, not play. This helps to protect against your employees downloading something harmful.
- Regularly scan computers – Enable a daily scan of your computers’ hard drives to see if there are any viruses. This can help identify a potential threat before it’s too late.
- Train your employees – Train your employees on the dos and don’ts of business computer use. The most important is telling your employees to avoid opening suspicious emails. This will help to cut down on the potential threat of viruses.
Tags: business computer protection, business computer virus, protect against computer viruses