Hue & Cry Closed For Christmas And New Year’s – Winter Vacation Safety TipsPosted on December 21st, 2011 1 comment
The business offices of Hue & Cry Security Systems will be closed on December 26 for Christmas and January 2 for New Year’s.
During this time, our Central Alarm Monitoring Center and Security and Fire System Repair Service will remain open. If you have any questions for our staff while our business offices are closed, please visit the Hue & Cry Security Systems Contact Page.
We hope you have a joyous Christmas and a great New Year!
As you visit family and friends this holiday season, here are some winter vacation safety tips.
Winter Vacation Safety Tips
Home and personal safety aren’t always top of mind during the holiday season. To keep your home safe while you are away, follow these home safety tips.
- Keep Your Plans Private – Don’t broadcast your winter vacation plans to the world. Avoid posting travel plans on social media sites. Only tell close family members and friends about your trip.
- Make It Look Like Someone Is Home – Have your neighbor park their car in your driveway and use lights on timers to give the impression that someone is home.
- Stop Deliveries – Stop mail and newspaper delivery while you are gone. If you’re expecting a package, have a neighbor retrieve it from your doorstep.
- Keep Up Maintenance – A driveway full of snow is a sure sign that no one is home. Have a neighbor or friend remove the snow while you’re gone.
- Unplug Electronics – To prevent a fire, unplug all electronics such as TVs, DVD players and other electronic devices.
- Notify Alarm Company – Tell your alarm company the days that you will be gone and be sure to properly set your home security alarm.
- Don’t Hide A Key – Don’t hide a key for a neighbor or friend. Instead, let them hold on to it until you return home.
- Secure Valuables – Place any valuables in a safe or a lockbox while you are gone.
- Un-connect Computer – Any computers wired to the internet should be disconnected. This helps to prevent security breaches from hackers.
- Keep Heat On – Keep your furnace set at a safe temperature that will prevent the water pipes from freezing while you are gone. FriendlyPlumber.com recommends setting your furnace at 55 degrees.
- Don’t Leave Christmas Lights On – Leaving Christmas lights on without anyone home for days is dangerous. Keep the Christmas lights off.
- Check Locks – Before you leave, make sure all windows, doors and fence gates are locked.
Following these safety tips will keep your home safe. At Hue & Cry Security Systems, we are the top home security system provider in Northern California and Oregon.
For more great home and business security tips, read the Hue & Cry Security Systems Blog.Company News, Home Security, Personal Security holiday home safety, home security tips, Hue & Cry Security Systems, winter vacation home safety
I am really pleased I saw this – thank you.
Leave a reply