The Best Places to Hide Valuables from BurglarsPosted on May 9th, 2012 No comments
The average burglar takes less than 10 minutes to steal items from your home. That’s not a lot of time.
To make it difficult on them, you want to hide your valuables. Just because you lock them in a safe doesn’t mean they can’t take the safe with them.
That’s why it’s important to hide valuables. To give you some ideas, here are some places to hide valuables.
- Inside Walls – You’ve probably seen this in movies. There’s a reason … it actually works. Creating a small hidden compartment inside a wall can really help you hide valuables.
- Under the Floor – Creating a hiding place beneath the floorboards is a great way to hide money and other valuables. Be sure to choose a discrete area in your home. Don’t make the compartment too noticeable.
- Inside Ordinary Objects – Consider hiding money or valuables inside a toy or a food box. Burglars are usually in a hurry and won’t check those types of things.
- Beneath Staircases – The area beneath a staircase could make an excellent hiding place for valuables.
- Somewhere Dirty – Burglars won’t expect you to be holding valuables near a trash bin or in the bathroom.
- Air Vents – Consider creating a decoy air vent that is actually a compartment. It’s a great way to store items without anyone knowing it’s there.
- In Your Kid’s Room – It’s probably one of the last places burglars will check. Create a secrete compartment somewhere in their room. Tell your children it’s off limits.
As an added security measure, consider a home security system. This will help prevent burglars from even setting foot in your home.
If you live in Northern California or Southern Oregon, consider contacting Hue & Cry Security Systems. We can help you build a custom security system that will make your home the safest one on the block.
To find out more, call us at 1-800-762-3196 or visit www.HueAndCry.com.
Leave a reply