In one instance, a criminal posing as a landscaper stole thousands of dollars from a homeowner by creating a false contract involving irrigation system work.
To find the right landscaping company for your home, follow these important tips.
- Get Referrals – Before you hire anyone, get referrals. Talk with them and ask them about their quality of work. Any legitimate company should have a decent list of referrals.
- Ask About Payments – If they only accept cash, you might want to be a little cautious. You should enter into a contract that details their work and payment. This will protect you and the company.
- Check with City – Make sure the landscaping company is licensed in your city or community. This will help to establish their legitimacy.
- Check with Better Business Bureau – Check the company’s record with the Better Business Bureau. If the company is not listed or has a bad grade, you might want to look elsewhere.
- Trust Your Judgment – If something doesn’t seem right, don’t hire them. There are plenty of good landscapers who can help you with your yard work.
Following these tips will help keep your home safe. Also having security camera surveillance systems around your property can deter theft and catch thieves in action. At Hue & Cry, we can help you build the perfect system. You can learn more by visiting our website at www.HueAndCry.com or contacting us at 1-800-762-3196.
Tags: hiring landscapers, Home Security