Last week we discussed holiday driving safety. This week we thought we would cover the importance of airport safety.
Christmas is one of the busiest times of the year for airports. To help keep you and your family safe at the airport, we’ve come up with some very important safety tips you should follow.
1. Pack Responsibly: When packing, do not over pack. Over-packing luggage could cause luggage to burst open. Also, try to avoid packing glass or other breakables in your luggage.
2. Leave Early: Take your time to get to the airport especially during the holidays. If you are driving to the airport, drive cautiously. Sometimes nearby drivers tend to drive erratically, especially if they’re late for a flight.
3. Do Not Leave Valuables In Your Car: If you’re parking your car in long-term parking at the airport, do not leave valuables in it. Airport long-term parking lots are prime targets for car burglaries.
4. Keep Track Of All Your Belongings: As you travel through the airport always be sure where you are placing your luggage. Unattended luggage can be stolen. Airport security also seizes unattended luggage and packages for safety precautions because of terrorism threats.
5. Make Sure Luggage Tags Have Updated Info: Some people forget to update the information on their luggage tags. This is especially the case if you do not travel a lot. Be sure your luggage tags have updated phone numbers and addresses. This will help if the airline misplaces your luggage.
Following these tips will make your trip to the airport go a lot smoother. Be sure your home security system is properly working before you leave.
Tags: airport safety, airport security tips, holiday airport travel tips