The iPhone is one of the most popular cellular phones available on the market. One of the features of an iPhone is its ability to run a variety of different applications for entertainment and utility. This feature can turn the iPhone into a great safety tool. We’ve put together a handful of useful apps that you can use to help keep yourself and your family safe.
Crime Reports iPhone App – CrimeReports.com is quickly becoming one of the internet’s best places to get information about crimes in your area and it is now available on iPhone. This app includes several interactive ways to stay up-to-date on crime in your area.
Some of the features of the app are:
- Filter crimes by location or type. You can also apply a date range to your search.
- View crime data in a map or a list view.
- View national sex offender data on a map of your area.
- Sign up for free, automated emails to alert you of crime in your area.
- Request the participation of your local law enforcement.
The Crime Reports iPhone app is available for free from the iPhone app store.
iDistress iPhone App – The iDistress iPhone application offers users a variety of ways to stay safe. The app works by tracking your location via the GPS in your iPhone. Once the emergency signal is triggered, an email or text message is sent to three contacts of your choice plus dialing 911. The messages sent to your contacts will include a map of your location, to make it easy for you to be located.
Some of uses of this application are:
- Safety while walking alone.
- If you are in a car accident. The application is especially handy for situations where you might not be able to speak.
- You are injured or involved in a violent crime.
- You are in an emergency situation where you are unable to speak.
The iDistress iPhone app is available in the iPhone app store for $2.99.
Pocket First Aid – This app was recently credited with saving the life of a film maker during the aftermath of the earthquake in Haiti. You just never know when you might need first aid – from something as simple as a bee sting or as complicated as a compound fracture. The Pocket First Aid app for iPhone can walk you through first aid for a variety of situations.
The Pocket First Aid iPhone app is available for $3.99 and is sold in the iPhone app store.
Offender Locator – This app is one of the top paid iPhone apps sold in the US. You can use this app to track sex offenders in several ways:
- Search for offenders near your current location.
- Enter a street address for information about offenders nearby.
- Enter the address of any of your stored contacts for information in their area.
- Enter the name of a sex offender to get information about them.
Offender Locator has been featured by several media outlets, including CNN, Fox & Friends, and ABC Today. This application is available on the iPhone app store for $1.99.
Auto Accident Safety Application – Although we hope you are never in an auto accident, the fact is that they do happen. RediVideos, a division of RediMedic, has developed an iPhone application to help you know what to do in case of an auto accident.
The Auto Accident Safety Application contains information on what to in the event of an auto accident with simple to understand instructions on legal and safety procedures. You can use this application to obtain information on:
- Procedures for injuries
- Warning devices
- Needed documents
- What to sign and what to have others sign
- Witness statements
You can purchase the Auto Accident Safety Application for $.99 on the iPhone app store.